Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Big Tree

Next Swims:
 * Monday September 25th 6PM
 * Tuesday September 26th 6PM
 * Thurs, Fri 6:15am

I won't be there Wednesday morning, but I will be swimming Thurs and Fri at 6:15am.

Last Swims:
 Tuesday 6:15 AM
 Water: 60F, flat and clear as glass
 Crew: Showgirl, Amelia, Bart, Kathy, and two other swimmers... sorry, I   don't have the names with me, but I will update later.

Today was the first Klode swim for a few of the swimmers this morning, so... welcome! In their honor, I got out my thermometer. It tipped down to 59.9, but let's just call it 60.  It was another lovely morning at the beach, and the sun started to peek above the horizon about halfway thru our swim, though it was plenty light before that.

Everyone made it to mudslide. The new swimmers brought a dazzling array of post-swim refreshments which tragically, I could not stay for.

My most important topic for the morning is that I saw the big submerged tree again. It's large enough to be pretty surprising to swim up to.  In case you want to see it for yourself, here are the directions: swim north to the birches. Keep swimming.  A tiny bit farther is that stand of trees that look like all their mid-trunk branches have been removed. Keep swimming just to the far end of those trees. The submarine tree is oriented perpendicular to the shore, trunk to the east, at the north end of that stand of trees, kind of close to shore.

3 comments:

Wytosk said...

Sounds like a great morning. I found an interesting site, and zeroed in on our Atwater shipwreck: http://wisconsinshipwrecks.org/Vessel/Details/31

Showgirl said...

Very cool, Erin. 23 Feet down. That's a long way.

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

Great website, thanks!