Friday, September 26, 2014

Dos Locos Swims Again!

Next Swim:  Saturday September 27th 1PM
Sunday September 28th time TBD (post a comment if you have a time preference)

Last Swim: Friday September 26th 10:30AM
Water Temp: 58
Waves:  Choppy
Water Clarity:  Crystal Clear
Heavy fog rolling in and out as we swam
Crew: Capt'n, Patriarch
Wetsuit/Skin: 2/0

Some days we go to the beach expecting to swim but we are disappointed to find very cold water or large waves or lightening.  Today was the opposite.  I just returned from Nashville and did not expect any more swimming this season.  But this morning the weather service maps and a blog post from Gumdrop reported water temps in the mid fifties, not exactly warm but definitely swimmable.  So I decided to go down to the beach and check it out for myself.

The water temp was 58 the water was clear and calm and it was warm and sunny.  I texted my report to Capt'n, and to my surprise he texted back that we should go swimming right now, as he had taken the day off.  We plunged in, just me and Capt'n, or "Dos Locos" as we used to call ourselves in the pre-Klode Kru days when it was just the two of us.  It was a great swim, especially fun because it was unexpected.

It should be good yet this weekend.  Come and join us.  

1 comment:

Moondaug said...

Last Swim: Fri 9-26, 3PM
Water Temp: 61,with warm spots of 65.
Waves: slight groove
Clarity: clear
Crew: the gulls, the geese and me