Monday, December 7, 2020

If it quacks like a duck...

Next Swims: Saturday/Sunday at Noon, with random weekday swims

Friday:  6:30 a.m. usually

Last Swim: Sunday noon

Water Temp: 37.3
Air Temp: 40ish
Clarity: murky
Waves: slow rollers
Kru: Lydia the Tatooed Lady, Itch, Rosie, Brick, Blake, Diablo, Icedaug (skin!), Showgirl... sort of

I don't have much to say about Sunday's swim because it wasn't much of a swim for me-- I may have hit my cold water boundary.  I got in, paddled around a bit within the rockpiles, and returned to shore.  

Everyone else headed north, and did real swims.

As you see from the photo, it was a typical December day.  That's right, swimming in December.  So big kudos and huzzah's to all amazing badasses who went for an actual swim.


Icedaug enters the near-freezing water.

Oh yeah, per Kahuna, the mystery objects in the lake on Friday must have been duck hunters.

No comments: