Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Before, during, and after

Next Swims: Saturday/Sunday at Noon, with random weekday swims

Friday:  6:30 a.m. usually

Last Swim: Wednesday 6:30am

Water Temp: mid 30's
Air Temp: 40's
Clarity: murky
Waves: like GLASS!
Kru: Lydia the Tatooed Lady, Showgirl, Dragonfly, Wim Hofers
Shore Support: Mr. Bubble


Before.  Photo Credit TTL


TattooLady is a consistent badass.  Here she is, swimming in 30-something water.... again.  

Yawn.

Dragonfly is a frequent strip'n'dip badass.  

Ho hum.  

I, on the other hand, am an intermittent badass.  I was kind of thinking that my swimming was over for the season, but in a surprise turn of events, today I had swimming mojo.  TTL and I made it to the sewerpipe and I think she went even further.  We both did some additional not-ready-to-get-out paddling around the rock piles.  

In the mean time, Dragonfly did a skin swim, which she later described as feeling like little knives stabbing her.  

Also the Wim Hofers did their Wim-Hoffer-y stuff.  It's kind of fun to observe them from a vantage point outside the rock piles.  

The incredibly flat water and the sunrise made it a spectacular swim.  

The still air and 40-something temp made changing not so terrible.  

The hot-snaps did their share for each of us as well.

Mr. Bubble put in a surprise guest appearance and put his bare feet in the water, confirming that indeed, it is cold.


During. Photo credit, Mr. Bubble


After. 


6 comments:

Rose Adams said...

Hello! I’m looking to start swimming- in winter of all things! Who continues through April? Will y’all still be out there?

jamie said...

Of course, Please, join us!*


* Wim Hof

Kahuna said...

"Who are the Wim Hofers?," I wonder to myself. But I'm afraid to ask the question, out of fear that the answer is "You wanna know who the Wim Hofers are? Well then get your lazy, fat backside out of that warm bed and come down to the beach, swim, and then you can ask your damn question, ya worthless fair weather floater -- Jeesch!" So I don't ask.

Moondaug said...

Sounds to me like the Lady has called for thee, and now the song begins... On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me, a desire for a deep freeze.

eric jernberg said...

anyone up from x-mas eve or x-mas day swim?

Thinking about noon or 1pm.

Brick

Wytosk said...

I would watch :)