Saturday, September 14, 2019

TGIF!

Next Swims:
Saturday/Sunday  @ Noon
Mon thru Thursday - 6am & 6pm, Friday 6 am and 5:30 pm

Last Swim:
Friday, Sept. 13, at 5:30 pm
Water Temp:  Itch-o-meter 54, macho meter 56
Waves:  smooth
Clarity:  Kinda 3/4 out of 10, see bottom at 3 feet
Kru:  Patriarch, Itch, Linda the Lamprey, Pool Noodle, Handyman Hank, Mr. Anonymous, Diablo, Mr Bubble
Shore Support:  Northshore Nancy, Cap'n

Thank God it's Friday  Indeed!  It may be cliche to say but it's More Than a Feeling

Arrived at 6 and was greeted by a lovely sight coming down the hill - the setting sun shining on the perfectly smooth water, and seeing Linda and Julie swimming out past the rocks, with their colorful swim caps and perfect strokes.  A slight wake rippling behind them.  It was a beautiful sight to behold.  It was the kind of moment that I didn't want to spoil by trying to capture a picture of it.  Pure beauty.

Arrived on the beach to see Patriarch and Mr. A. getting out of their suits, Northshore Nancy scanning the horizon tracking Hank's progress, Cap'n standing sideways in water about half way between his knees and waist.  Itch and Diablo could be seen in the water off in the distance, chatting with each other.  People razzing Cap'n saying Itch and Diablo were waiting for him to swim out and join the bromance.  Julie, Linda. Itch and Hank came in before I went out.  Linda and Itch sporting slight lobster complexions.  Diablo allegedly is still out there somewhere. 

So, of course, my first question upon arriving within of earshot of everyone else - "What's the number?".  I wade in to about ankle depth - this is pretty warm!  Numbers are reported - "It feels warmer than that!"  Put on the westsuit in anticipation of the warm water...doesn't seem so warm when I get out to waist depth, but I've got my routine down now...don't stop to think about it. 

This was my first swim since last Sunday and honestly, as I approached the rocks, the thought going through my head was "This is COLD!".  It's been 4 days and I'm not used to it any more.  But I know...just keep going, it will feel good soon, and so it does. 

Arrive back on shore and the Kru has already migrated up towards the flagpole.  As I'm changing, sweet Pool Noodle comes back down to make sure I got in OK. 😊.  See you all on Saturday and Sunday!

No comments: