Monday May 25th @ 1pm
Water Temp: 53
Air Temp: Low 70's & Sunshine
Waves: Gentle Rollers from Southeast
Clarity: slightly cloudy
Crew: The Patriarch, Diablo, Kahuna, Gumdrop, Showgirl, Panini, Neo, Mr. Anonymous, Jamie, Monica, Capt'n with special guest appearances by Crash and Gigi
Suit / Skin Count: 10 / 1
Pitsch Count: 10
Despite the rainy / dreary start to the day it turned out to be a dandy of an afternoon to be at Klode Beach. Plentiful sunshine, warm humid air and a Caribbean Blue hue of the lake made walking the plank an irresistible challenge. The recorded water temp reading at 10:30am by the Macho-meter 2000 measured only 49.5 but we were all pleasantly surprised when the Patriarch-o-meter registered 53 at 1pm....a reading which moments later was affirmed by Kahuna's Magnito-meter 10000.
Memorable moments from today's swim:
- Diablo continuing his amazing streak of Lake Michigan skin swims...I think it's been more than 4 years now since I've seen Diablo not swim skin...and he rarely misses a day!
- Neo officially became the first Kru member this year to reach the Silver Spring down spout.
- 11 Kru members logged official swims today...first double digit Kru swim of the year!
- Kahuna's lesson on how to meet the cute girls on the beach
- Meeting the owner of Pizzanetto....stay tuned for a future Pirates Pizza Night soon!
- Showgirl's amazing pre swim warm-up show in her banana pants...
- A hearty round of Pitsch that included a very special Memorial Day toast by Kahuna
- Crash's pictures....you'll need to friend her on FB though if you want to see them all...but here's a couple of them...