Thursday, September 4, 2008

Good Luck to All Ironman and Big Shoulder Participants

I'm very bummed to report that I won't be doing Big Shoulders.  But not as bummed as my daughter Melanie who will undergo surgery Saturday morning to screw together a stress fracture in the neck of her femur.

I'm happy to say she will be getting the best of care.  The surgery will be done at Vanderbilt Medical Center, where she works, one of the best hospitals in the country.  And the surgeon is one of the most experienced in this operation.  A full recovery is expected.  

So Gelaney and I are heading to Nashville to be with her and her husband.  I won't be back until Wednesday at least, and Cap'n will be in Madison Friday through Monday, so there won't be any swim plans or blog reports for the next few days.

We're getting near the end of the season, so hopefully there will be some swimming left when I return.  But if not today's roller coaster ride was a fitting finale (see previous post from Cap'n).

Good luck to all at Ironman and Big Shoulders!  

No comments: