Thursday, May 28, 2020

Water Logged

Next Swims: Thursday 4pm? Friday 6am (or 5:45AM with NSN)
Last Swim: Thursday 6am, plus other rogue swims

Air Temp: low 60s with some fog
Water Temp: 50.3
Clarity: not great
Waves: flat and beautiful
Kru: Mr. Anonymous, Showgirl, Drangonfly, Pool Noodle,Magic Mike, Ben, Eric, and Diablo on the early shift

Abandoned footwear at the beach is NOT weird, and this pair is exceptionally cute.

Hello Friends!  And welcome back!  This is my first blog post of the 2020 swimming season, and reports of my demise (side-eye at Kahuna) are greatly exaggerated.

Everything is weird about this year, and Klode is no exception.  I used to arrive and move those flimsy WFB po-po barricades, but no more. On the bright side, it's nice to have a wide-open parking lot to meet up in, in a socially distant way, of course.

The beach is also weirdly covered in driftwood. Drift trees.  All manner of wood, with several floating within the rock piles.  I swam into one on my return trip and it freaked me out.  I hauled it back to shore. It was so heavy I was surprised it still floated.  I can say the same about myself these days.

But this blog is about the swimming.  We hugged the shoreline in the fog this morning.  Ben and Eric headed off to Sheboygan, and the rest of us swam a bit less.  Drangonfly and I made it to my new favorite landmark, the kayak just north of garage.  Magic Mike and Pool Noodle went a bit past the birches. Mr A swam wearing only his neoprene capris. Badass.

There's more weirdness on the beach. The sewerpipe is almost buried, a strange new structure is visible just after it, and the garage is also weirdly exposed. And of course, the new kayak.  Maybe the foliage will cover all this up again, but I'm hoping Kahuna will organize an excavation of the sewerpipe.

Seems like there are plenty of other random swims to report.  Drangonfly swam at noonish yesterday, and lots of peeps swam in the PM.

I'm happy to be back, in spite of, and because of, the weirdness.


1 comment:

Super Hera said...

Any 6pm renegades for tonight?