Saturday, May 26, 2018

A Most Pleasant Surprise

Next Swims:  Sunday May 27th noon, Memorial Day noon

Last Swim: Saturday May 26th 1PM
Water Temp:  We measured somewhere between 51 and 56 on the beach, but that was basically meaningless. There were a few pockets of very cold water, but mostly the water was much warmer, I would estimate upper 50's at least.  The hot sun and clear sky helped.
Waves: small waves pushing north.
Crew:  Diablo, Capt'n, el Jeffe, Kahuna, Itch, Rick, Handyman Hank, Magic Mike, Nanook,  Gumdrop(??), Drangonfly, Patriarch
Shore support:  Showgirl, Panini, Andrea, Phoenix, Scuba
Note:  I forgot to bring my notebook to the beach, so I may have missed a named or two - sorry!

The best days are the ones you expect to be lousy but turn out great.  I had expected the water to be in the 40's like it was yesterday, too cold for me.  But today was warmer - much warmer away from the rocks.  I felt great and swam much further than I expected, past the birches.  I should have realized it was a little too easy, it was a bit harder coming back against waves and current.  But on my return I was greeted with a warm sunny beach and a shot of Pitsch and now all is right with the world.

Lost & Found Dept:  Drangonfly found a pair of Blue Seventy swim socks    

2 comments:

Wytosk said...

a most fantastic update. Two more days til I'm allowed in water, can't wait!

Kahuna said...

It was so nice to see so many of the Kru on the beach this weekend!

[I originally wrote "It was so nice to see so many old faces on the beach this weekend," but I thought twas best to rephrase that.]

Cheers.