Sunday, May 6, 2018

2018 Swim Season Open

Next Swim:  TBD - there was talk of swimming Sunday, but it’s cold and very rough.  It won’t be long though. Stay tuned

First Swim:  Saturday May 5th 1:30PM
Water Temp: 49
Waves: Calm
Water Clarity: Crystal
Crew:  Drangonfly, Showgirl, Diablo, Itch
Shore Support: Patriarch, North Shore Nancy, Handyman Hank, Squeezashowgirl

There was no plan to swim yesterday.  But start with a warm sunny Spring day.  Mix in brunch with some of the Crew. Season with Bloody Mary’s.  Throw in some “I Dare you to”s.  Top it off with a text from Itch.  Pretty soon we’re headed to the beach.

After the swim we celebrated with some of our favorite beverage.  So the swim season is open.  Though in truth last year’s season never ended.  Itch and Diablo swam all through the winter.  Yes.  Really.
 
As always the beginning of the season inspires dreams of high seas adventures.  I ran into Magic Mike this morning and he told of his plan to swim three events in three Great Lakes in eight days.  And that’s just a warm-up for swimming events in all five Great Lakes.

And If all that doesn’t fire you up, check out Itch and Diablo in their matching wetsuits.  Aren’t they ADORABLE?



4 comments:

Rick from Boston said...

I will be visiting Milwaukee from May 25 to 28 and am hoping to catch a few lake swims with your group. I've swim with you before and have thoroughly enjoyed it!

Kahuna said...

Dr. Born -- Good to hear you'll be back in Milwaukee this weekend. We'll do what we can to warm the lake up for you before you get here (not that you are one who can't take the cold).

But you would think a world renowned neurobioligist (https://hms.harvard.edu/videos/science-matters-rick-born) would be smart enough not to want to go a-swimmin' or a boozin' with the likes of us.

Safe travels and hope to see you on the beach soon. Cheers.

Rick from Boston said...

Dear Kahuna,

We just cracked 50 in Southie, so the Big Lake should be just right.

And I perfectly like the likes of you. I can't find any Killepitsch here in Boston, so I've got to come to Klode to get my fix.

Best,
Rick

Rick from Boston said...

Dear LMSs,

I had a great swim this afternoon at Atwater. I didn't have a thermometer with me, but I would bet that it was above 50. Water was gorgeous.

-Rick