Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pirates Pillage Al's and Panther Prowl, then Plunge

Next Swim: Monday 10/11, 6PM, and we'll go for dinner afterward

Last Swim: Sun 10/10/10, 11:30PM
Water Temp: 60
Waves: small rollers
Water Clarity: murky
Crew: Kahuna, Crash, Cap'n, Diablo, Patriarch

A fantastic weekend! Beautiful weather, bright fall colors. The Klode Pirates came ashore to pillage Al's Run Saturday and the Panther Prowl Sunday. Cap'n and Blondie came away with plunder at Al's, and Cap'n, Brad and me came away with plunder at the Prowl.

After both pillaging expeditions, we plunged into the lake to enjoy the fall colors on the bluff from out in the water. Does it get any better?

Now that I'm back, I have messages for some other absent members of the crew:
Gumdrop, don't worry, Cap'n and Diablo will behave now that I'm back.
Blondie, I was told you would swim if I would swim. Well........?????????
Everyone Else: The season is not yet over. The water has actually warmed up the last few days, plenty comfy if you have a wetsuit, maybe even a short skin swim would be possible. Maybe your last chance this year! Join us for a swim and pizza Monday evening at 6 (we'll try to be ready to swim at 6, it's already getting dark at that hour).

1 comment:

Blondie said...

This is Blondie's secretary...

Blondie's quite busy these days with all of her extra-curriculars...but I'll see if I can pencil in a Monday evening swim at Klode for her...although according to her schedule, she already has an evening swim planned for a bit later the same day! :)