Sunday, July 27, 2008

Further, Faster, Stronger

Another amazing day.  Six of us swam approximately 2.4 miles in clear calm water.  Our furthest swim yet!   Eighty minutes, pretty fast for us (except for Reto who left us all in the dust).  I feel like the Cap'n and I are getting faster and stronger.  It was so nice out there, I felt like I could cruise all day, but my arms and shoulders were spent at the end.   

Hard to say what the water temp was, there were pockets of very warm and very cold water.  If it weren't for those cold pockets, it would be plenty warm to swim without a wetsuit.  

Several very large schools of small fish darted and shimmered below.  And we recovered a golf ball from the bottom along the way.  (Tiger, you're welcome to join us.)

The only thing to spoil the fun was a large yacht accompanied by an loud and fast jet ski.  As they went by I could see they were from the Small Dick Yacht Club.  

Next Swim: Klode Monday morning at 6:30AM

The Patriarch   

No comments: