Friday, July 25, 2008

7/25 am Swim Report / Weekend plans

Ahoy mates!

The water temps continued their upward trend this morning and the water clarity once again was superb. .I know I've said this on several occassions but having the ability to see the white sands of the lake bottom in 20 feet of water never ceases to amaze me....the allure to swim out deeper to see if I can continue to admire the tranquel sands of the lake bottom constantly tempts me on days like today.

Four of us embarked on the swim this morning...one wearing a sleeveless wetsuit (Sandy) while the rest (David, The Patriarch and myself) sported full suits. While I can't speak for the others, after a few minutes of swimming I became quite comfy in my suit...until the very end that is...but I'm sure that had more to do with being in the water for nearly an hour than it did the water temp.

We (David, The Patriarch and myself) logged our longest swim of the season making it north up to 'Three Piers' and back....which is approximately 1.7 miles round trip....or half way from Klode to Beach Drive. Sandy swam to the rock pile before deciding to turn back. (approx. 1 mile round trip.)

The weekend swim plan is to swim again from Klode at 1pm Saturday and 10am on Sunday. The most recent reports back from Pirates Cove is that the water temps there are considerably warmer than Klode....so if the water temp at Klode cools for Saturday or Sunday the plan is to move the party down to Pirates Cove.

Anyone interested in a longer swim on Saturday or Sunday? Perhaps to Big Bay Beach and back? (Approx. 2-2.25 miles round trip.)

Hope to see everyone on the Beach!

-Capt'n

No comments: