Friday, April 3, 2020

Emergency! Everybody to get from beach!

Next Swim:  In the Year 2525, if man is still alive
Last Swim:  Sighting today, sometime before 6 pm
Water Temperature:  No fever present
Waves:  Flat
Clarity:  Sweet
Kru:  Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shore Support:  North Shore Health Department


Northshore Nancy asked for the North Shore Health Department's notice to be posted here.  As of 6 pm today, Safer at Home means "the public beaches ain't your home!" Read all about it

This may be a loose association...ever since I heard about this, I've been having flashbacks to the movie The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming.  Those of you who've seen the movie probably understand what I mean.


Northshore Nancy also alleged that there were Kru members at Klode sometime before the order went into effect at 6 pm today.  I wish I had been one of them, or at least there as shore support.

Meanwhile, in the great state of Georgia, Governor Brian Kemp has at long last issued a "Shelter at Home" order, which became effective at 5 pm today.  But get this, Governor Kemp's order mandates that public beaches remain open, even if the local authorities had previously ordered the beaches closed.  His press secretary explained his "reasoning" as:
Because Governor Kemp’s executive order allows for exercise outside, with social distancing of at least 6 feet, the beaches are viable options for Georgians.  Read all about it

So, I'm very glad I moved back to Milwaukee from Atlanta.  For that matter, I"m glad my family moved from New York to Milwaukee when I was a kid.  

Looking forward to more sunny days

3 comments:

Stickler said...

Thinking of you all. Thot u might appreciate this.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/sunken-ships-lake-michigan-are-visible-ghostly-blue-180955108/

Moondaug said...

Can hardly wait to get back in the drink. Here is one link I think that explains in layperson terms one of the benefits of open water swimmng. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_gLLZ_D1Lqw

Wytosk said...

I dont even need to click the link to know I need even more isolation into Mother Natch. To get from house!