Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Kru Logic

The air temp is -20℉, windchill is -50℉, and the Lake Michigan water temp is 33℉.  Because of this, your typical Kru member thinks to him or herself "hmmm, if I went for a swim in the Lake today": (1) the water is going to feel much warmer than the air; (2) good acclimation opportunity so the water is going to feel much warmer in a couple of months when the water temp is in the 40s; and (3) I bet a shot of Killepitsch is going to taste really good today when I get out of the Lake! 

2 comments:

queenofcurryland said...

The question is....did the Pitsch taste good?

Unknown said...

Hi,

I have seen that you are doing some open water swimming in Lake Michigan. I am looking at maybe doing a swim in one of the lakes as part of a fundraising project. I have thought of doing a small one to start with a crossing of Lake St Clair which will probably be around 10miles.

Do you know of any official swimming associations that can assist with rules and regulations of swimming in the lakes?

Wishing you a wonderful day!!

Shaun