Wednesday, September 19, 2018

WWDD? WWSHD?

Next Swims:  Wednesday thru Friday 6:15AM and 5:45PM

Last  Swim:  Wednesday 09/19 6:15am
Water Temp: warm
Waves: biggish, covered in chop
Clarity: zero
Crew:  Showgirl, Barbie, probably Diablo

I arrived at the parking lot at 6:15-ish and the barriers were still up. But the barriers are no barrier to swimming, my friends.

That said, no other swimmers felt like a barrier.

Largeish waves felt like a barrier.

Crud floating in the water felt like a barrier.

But then I asked myself, "what would Diablo do?" What would Super Hera do?"

At this point, there was a red glow on the horizon. The water felt warm and inviting. The breeze kept the mosquitoes  at bay. So I decided to enjoy the sunrise while on a short swim to the sewerpipe. 

The sun came up just as I got outside the rock piles. Though the sky was gray, there was a cloudless gap just along the horizon. The sun rose bright red, and then disappeared behind the clouds.



No comments: