Sunday, September 5, 2021

What a difference a day makes!

Last Swims: Sunday, 9/5 @ 0700, 0730 and 0800
Next swims:Sunday, 9/5 @ 1200 (can I get a witness?)
Labor Day Monday - 0700, 0800 and 1200
Tuesday-Friday, 0600 and 1700
Following Saturday/Sunday, 0700, 08 00 and 1200

Water temp: 68 per mitch-o-meter
Air temp: 61 on arrival, 69/70 on departure
Swell: flat as glass
Clarity: very clear, put not perfect.  Could see bottom, but not the texture
Kru
0700 - Cindy B, Sunny Laguna, someone who said good morning to me in the water who I didn't recognize, Lydia TTL (think that was her car in the parking lot), Linda the Lamprey (think that was her bag on shore), maybe another one or two.  
0730 - Mr. Bubble, Jenny and Moondoggie
0800 - Handyman Hank, Kim G, maybe some others I can't remember
Parking Lot Support:  Some folks training for IMWI, Jenny knew one of them

Photo Credit:  Jenny

Yeah, I know, "What a difference a day makes" is totally cliché.  But it was the absolute truth this morning.  It was radically different than the last two days of rough, dirty water.  (NB- on Friday at 5, I called it 70 and dirty, and Itch said that made him think of his grandmother).  Needless to say, very welcome change this morning.

So, I was ambivalent about swimming this morning, after the last two rough, dirty days.  Then Jenny sent out a group text asking "Anyone swimming this morning at 8?".  That's the time I been thinking about swimming, so I replied sure, I'll go.  It was a little before 7 at the time, and Cindy was already on the beach, waiting for the 7 am cool kids to arrive.  Jenny wanted to get in the water as soon as possible, so she texted me when she was on her way and we both got there little before 7:30.  We got to exchange greetings in the water with Sunny, Cindy and the other friendly lady who were coming back as we were going out.  On the way back, we got to exchange greetings with the folks who were heading out at 8.  

Don't think the cliché will be applicable tomorrow - looks like conditions will be pretty much the same as today.  

Musical accompaniment - Day by Day from the musical Godspell, circa 1971


Day by day, oh, dear Lord, three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly, day by day

Day by day, day by day
Oh, dear Lord, three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly, day by day

1 comment:

jamie said...

Best kru party ever. Gotdamn delightful and then some!!