Sunday, May 2, 2021

Real first day of Summer!

Next Swims: 
Mon - Fri 6 am (it's official) and afternoons at 4 pm ish?
Saturdays/Sundays at Noon

Last Swim: Sunday @ Noon
Water Temp: 53 per itch-o-meter
Air Temp: 80 and sunny, just a little wind
Clarity: Beautiful, 9/10
Waves: very light, maybe 2" - 3" or so.  Gentle intervals
Kru: Itch, Brick. Lydia TTL, Dragonfly, Mr. Bubble, Mr. Anonymous, Sunny Laguna
Shore Support: Magic Mike, Forger, Mr. Laguna and Viv

Great day all the way around.  Beautifully warm.  Only downside worth mentioning is that the parking lot was full!  But still plenty of street parking.  Weren't that many people on the beach though.  

Great day for swimming - relatively clear and calm water, sunny skies, warm breezes.  I misjudged the water temp and didn't wear any neoprene on my feet.  To quote a line Magic Mike uttered last year "My feet hurt, but not that much".  Indeed, the sand was so warm that my cold feet were all warmed up well before I got out of my wetsuit.  So toasty, I didn't feel the need to get changed in to dry clothes afterwards.  Was pretty much dry by the time I got to the car.  

Speaking of toasty - drank Killepitsch to - Best Swim of the Season and thank the lord for solar energy!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Is this group meeting at the times posted above (M-F 6am, 4pm), and weekends at noon? Just confirming. How's the water temp these days?

Showgirl said...

Hi Mark - The water was 48 this morning. 53 Wednesday morning.

Early in the season, swim times are loose, to say the least.

As the water and air warm up (like this morning), the schedule becomes more predictable. I think you'll find swimmers most week mornings at 6am, and weekends at noon.