Saturday, May 22, 2021

Hot fun in the (almost) summertime

Next Swims:  Sunday 5/23 at 7:30 am and Noon
Other dates and times subject to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle
Mon-Fri: Sunrise at 6 am, 4 pm ish

Last Swims: Saturday, 5/22 @ Noon and 7:30 am
Water Temp
7:30 am:  48 with pockets of much, much colder water
Noon:  51 with warm pockets
Air Temp: (Noon) 80 and sunny, just a little wind, altho wind changed direction got stronger
Clarity: Beautiful, Could see bottom the whole way
Waves:
very flat, almost glass.  Some ripples on the way back when the wind changed
Kru
7:30 am shift:  Dragonfly Lt MJ, Jenny
11:00 am shift:  Mr & Mrs Laguna and Princess Vivian
Noon shift:  Itch, Brick. Rosie, Sandy, Mr. Bubble, Kahuna, We'Taco, Panini, 
Near Shore Support:  Cap'n

The true first day of summer is June 20th, but it looked like many people felt like it was today.  Beach and parking lot were crowded for the Noon swim.  Lots of people out on bikes on the streets.

Lots of cool things happened today.  Starting with the rogue 7:30 am swimmers.  I heard about it second hand from MJ.  They say it was cool, in a very literal sense, but beautiful as always.  I'll post one of MJ's pictures below.  

 The next cool thing today - again in a literal sense - is that Princess Vivian took a dip!  A very brief one, without a wetsuit of course. Big smile on her face afterwards - wish I had a photo.

The Capt'n also waded in, skin, and made it past the critical decision point for his critical mass, but he kept his sunglasses on and didn't go all the way.  

Surprise appearance by Super Hera!  Judge-elect and mother to be!  Looking very healthy with just a few more weeks to go!  She said she planned to attempt a dip, and wait and see how the little being reacts before deciding how to proceed.  Clearly, she has a very strong parenting skills foundation.  

Panini was also a surprise appearance, at least for me.  I asked her - you're moving next week, right?  No, now it's the middle of June.  Panini tells me the story about how she wants to do some things to her house before she goes, but she keeps delaying what she wants to do.  My conclusion is that she's a tiny bit ambivalent about moving away, but she's determined to get it done.  

Additional surprise appearances, at least for me - Sandy, Kahuna, We'Taco and Capt'n.  I don't think I had seen any of them so far this year.  Had to ask Sandy to remind me what her name is.  I couldn't remember We'Taco's nickname at first either - it came to me while I was swimming.  

Enough with the cool stories, let's get down to the cool pictures.  

Two Ladies about to experience
(different) life changing events

MJ's photo from 7:30 am swim

Here's some of my photos from Friday at 6 am










1 comment:

Kahuna said...

There was a swim on Sunday at noon. 45 or 46 degrees.