Sunday, July 10, 2022

Glorious! (But Smell That Smell!)

 Next Swims: M-F 6AM, Sat/Sun noon, and other times, often 7 or 8am on weekends.

Last Swim:  This post is about the 8 a.m. Saturday swim; I am sure there was a noon swim as well.  Tomorrow's Swim (Monday) is set for 6 a.m.

Water Temp:  69 but "feels warmer" per Mitch-o-meter
Air Temp: low 70s 
Waves: Not totally flat but not choppy either
Clarity: Very murky - bright beige
Kru:  Early shift:  Showgirl, Mr. Anonymous
Late (8 a.m.) shift:  Lydia the Tattooed Lady,  Lt. MJ, Kathy, Cindy,  Kim, Dragonfly, Handyman Hank, Forger, Mr. Bubble
Shore support:  Squeeze o' Showgirl

Again on rounding the path, the truly epic stench assailed us...but subsided as we got to the beach.  Almost everyone went skin.  It was a glorious morning with full-on sunshine, inspiring lengthy swims.  

Emerging onto the shore feeling righteously wrung out, I bury my face in my towel....and OOooh That Smell!  Can't You Smell That Smell!? 

The Smell is embedded from yesterday's swim!  All swimming towels are now in the wash.

8 comments:

Hurricane said...

Oh, please don’t call me the shark. I have a swim friend who’s nickname is the shark. I’d feel weird being called the shark. She’s been called that for years.

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

I will remove. Sorry!

Dolphina said...

If anyone has a water temp for today, it's not too late to post. I'm heading to the water about six thirty--unless the buoy lies. Temp is definitely dropping with the westerly winds.

Thanks in advance!

Lieutenant MJ said...

69 this morning.

Wytosk said...

The full moon appears to be rising tonight amid the storm but to the south and in the sun. Very neat. Full moon swim in the next day or 2?

Hurricane said...

Ooh, keep us posted. I’m interested in a full moon swim

Moondaug said...

Yes, full moon swim tomorrow at 8 PM, moon rises at 8:08 pm and sun sets at 8:30 pm.

Wytosk said...

In!