Sunday, July 17, 2022

Slap Me Silly


Next Swims: Sat/Sun noon, and other times, often 8AM; Weekdays, M-F 6AM, and 5PM

Last Swim: 8AM Sunday

Water Temp: 65.5, but may have been a bit warmer away from the rocks

Air Temp: low 70s 
Waves: Wave action, more than choppy, but not big water
Clarity: Not clear
Kru: Magic Mike, Handyman Hank, Julie/Mermaid Princess (I think, if I've got the nom de beach right), Kahuna
Shore Support: Some lady with her friendly shih tzu (gesundheit)
Stench Level: Still pretty noticeable, and not good; bad enough to make one consider swimming at alternative venues

As we walked down to the beach, we were greeted by a solid off-shore easterly breeze, with a light cloud cover, giving the impression that the Gods were letting us have a gentle start ot the day, instead of jolting us awake with a blazing blue sky and blinding full sun.   

Our Lady of the Lake was waiting for us.  As I headed North, it was a mixture of pleasure, but some portion of pain as well.  Up the Lady would toss my entire body, then down I would accerate, so she could give me a good slap.  Again and again up I would go, with my arm rotating sometimes through mostly air as opposed to water, than again "SLAP" (but never so bad that I even considered using my safe word).  Let's not even talk about how she tried to gag me (with unexpected waves timed to hit me just as I turned to get a breath).  Ahh, uhh, oww,  the varied pleasures of a Sunday morning swim. 

The trip north took more than 18 minutes, but then the Lady grew bored with me, and when I turned, I was wisked South and ejected in less than 12 minutes.  A fickle, lover.  


4 comments:

Stickler said...

I want to swim this (Monday) eve but don't want to swim alone. Who else wants to swim? What time works best? 5p? 530p? 6p?

Moondaug said...

5:30 works for me, What's the going rate these days,20% off?

Stickler said...

Moondaug - see you at 5:30p! No discount applied :-)

Moondaug said...

Okie dokie.