Thursday, October 8, 2020

Half-moon Swim

Next Swims: Mon - Fri 6:30 am and 5pm
Saturday, Sunday 8 am and Noon

Last Swim: Thursday 6:30AM
Water Temp: 47.1
Air Temp: high 40's
Clarity: crystal
Waves: flat
Kru: Mr. Anonymous, Showgirl

In order to make it more likely that I swam, I was putting on my wetsuit legs in the parking lot when Mr. A arrived.

There was no sunrise yet, but still plenty of light.

Mr. A optimistically hoped for at least 50 degree water.  But...... no.  Further cementing his rep as a badass, he headed in to the water in his lava pants while I was still dilly-dallying. 

We crossed paths as I was heading out.  

Encased in all my neoprene, I felt mostly fine and swam to the rock wall.  I made sure to savor every bit of this swim.  The sun was slow to come up, and for the longest time it had that look of light shining under a doorway.  At the same time, I saw the moon each time I breathed on my left side.

Back at the beach, Mr. A was long gone.  My feet quickly turned to blocks of ice, and I left the deserted beach in favor of coffee.

5 comments:

jamie said...

Wed night. 49° on the beach warmer past rocks. Sandy, Rosie, Synchro, Brick, and north shore Diablo. And a ghostly Mr. A....seems more of an apparition these days always gone when you get back wondering if he was even there.
Calm and clear. Just lovely. leaves are turning rather quickly...
..gained 20% color since weekend. These are the salad days, warm and clear....no badassery required when it's 60's on the beach...well...maybe extra layers post swim but other than that, glorious swims still to be had!!
Cu on the beach.

jamie said...

Thursday night........ speechless!!




Ok ....small Huzzah!!

Luna Laguna said...

Thursday 5pm...air: 58F, water temp 53F! Woohoo! Linda the Lamprey, Rosie, Sandy, Synchro, Laguna, Itch/Neptune, Brick, and Diablo at his north shore starting point. The leaves are absolutely amazing heading north, and the sunset was lovely too.

Wytosk said...

Fingers crossed for today

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

Thanks for the details Sunny!