Saturday, October 17, 2020

Amazing Gifts

Next Swims: Mon - Fri 6:30 am and 5pm
Saturday, Sunday 8 am and Noon

Last Swim: Saturday noon
Water Temp: 45
Air Temp: Not sure but I know it was cold, and windy
Clarity:  ?
Waves: 
Big clean gentle swells, just lovely.
Kru:  Sandy, Brick, Itch, Tattoo Lady, Rosey, Other Dave, We'taco, Diablo
Also notable,  Luna Laguna swam solo at 8 this morning.

I'll bet you thought I was going to ramble on about how swimming is such an amazing gift, right?  

Well it is, but today, that's not the amazing gift I'm talking about.

This is:

That's right, it's Klode Beach, and the Klode Kru as an
incredible mixed-media work of art!


Behold, the most awesome, coolest, swimming-related gift ever!

Sandy made this, and gave it as a fantastic early-Xmas present to Brick .

It's a depiction of the Klode Kru swimmers, made with rocks and pebbles harvested from Klode beach!  And look at the swimmers that even have barbies!  The metal walls!  The rock piles with branches!  At some point I will end a sentence with a period not an exclamation point, but I'm not ready for that yet!!

Also, I feel certain that the tiny duplicate beach world extends far outside the edges of the photo....

I'm about to start cultivating Sandy as my new best friend in hopes that one day she will make me one of these incredible works of art.

Okay, yes, I believe some swimming also took place at noon today (I wasn't there), and I'm sure the swimming was great, or at least a brag-worthy accomplishment.  Kudos and huzzah to all who swam. 






4 comments:

Tattoo Lady said...

I love that so much!!

Luna Laguna said...

That looks amazing, Sandy! Very unique and creative :)

Lieutenant MJ said...

Sandy - that is really cool - love it!

Dragonfly Riffraff said...

Swimmers are a gift! And gifted swimmers especially!