Monday, August 22, 2022

Golden arms

Next swim: Mon - Fri 6am, 5pm; Sat & Sun 8am and noon

Last Swim: Monday 6am
Air temp: 65
Water temp: at least 70. Nobody bothered to measure, to my knowledge.
Waves: flat
Clarity: 7/10
Kru: Wendy and Elizabeth on the earlier shift, Dragonfly Riffraff, Showgirl, Linda the Lamprey, and Corryn, who I failed to introduce myself to (my apologies) on the main shift, Magic Mike, Mr. Anonymous and Super Hera on the later shift.
Shore Support: 2 WimHoffers documenting their art on video and, later, a guy named Greg inquiring about Klode Kru logistics.


The photo above was taken one year ago this week (thanks Google Photos!). Still, it seemed a suitable illustration of this morning's delightful swim. The sun rose in a very similar manner. While the water was warm and smooth, it may not have been quite so perfect as this photo from last year. But it was close. 

I got up late this morning, arriving at the beach about 6:20. Wendy and Elizabeth were already swimming, others were preparing to enter the water. Mr A was fairly close behind me, and Super Hera arrived after I swam out. 

As I left the cove between the rock piles and began the swim north, I paused once or twice to get my bearings vis-a-vis the other swimmers. Typically I see the bright colors of our fellow swimmers' swim caps and buoys. This morning, as I sighted north, I saw the swimmers' arms bathed in the golden glow of the rising sun. Those familiar triangles slicing the surface of the bay. So glad we get to do this every day!

Lets keep these conditions rolling into September!

12 comments:

Showgirl said...

The other swimmer was Corryn. :)

Magic Mike said...

Thanks!

rsm said...

When Handyman and I showed up--around 8am--the temp dropped a bit. Seagull said 66. Still a great swim!

Wytosk said...

5(ish) pm Kru swam in darn delightful water so warm nobody bothered to take the temp, that I know of. Not much clarity but who cares. And THERE WERE POPSICLES. Also, Peaches swam likely to 3 piers, kickass.

Kahuna said...

I took the temp a little after 5:00 on Monday evening, and my meter said 71.5 at the beach. It was a little cooler once one swam away from the rocks, and significantly cooler (but not terrible), if one stopped swimming and dangled one's toes down below. Still very much skinswim conditions.

Stickler said...

Just want to confirm - is the eve swim today (Tu, 8/23) at 5p? I can do any start time btw 5 and 6p.

Peaches said...

I probably would've cut it much shorter if I knew in advance about the popsicles! Such a nice treat!

Moondaug said...

@ Lorraine-How about 5:30?

Stickler said...

5:30 it is!

Wytosk said...

5:30 is soo much easier. I’m planning to be there too.

Kahuna said...

5:30 pm on Tuesday, 71 degrees and clear.

Kahuna said...

Wednesday 6:00 a.m. at Klode, 68.3 degrees, clear and flat. Beautious. Did anybody ask the film crew (or the German Shepard) that was down on the beach North of Klode this morning which film, TV show or commercial they were shooting? Quite the production. Two vehicles, catering, make-up artist, dog wrangler, directors, actors, assistant directors, flunkies, etc. Inquiring minds want to know.