Friday, July 2, 2021

Swimming Irresponsibly

Next Swims:
Mon - Fri 6 am and 5pm
Saturday: Klode, 8am and noon
SUNDAY: Big Bay, 8am and noon

Last Swim: 6am Friday (and Thursday too)
Water Temp: 59 inside the rockpiles, but warmer outside
Air Temp: 50's, for crying out loud, thanks Wisconsin
Clarity: no clarity at all
Waves: yes, there were LARGE, DANGEROUS WAVES!  Okay, not really that large or dangerous
Kru: Lydia the Tattooed Lady,  Showgirl, Dragonfly, Luna Laguna


Yep, despite numerous warnings of Dire Consequences, we swam this morning.

All survived the ordeal.

In fact, it wasn't really THAT much of an ordeal.  



It was wavy, and there were breakers over the sandbar, so we went out farther to avoid them.

TTL and Dragonfly donned wetsuits and swam further.  LL and I swam skin (I wore my gloves and booties).  I went to the birches.  Pre-swim, Dragonfly made some remark about keeping her swimming in check due to the conditions, as opposed to TTL's wild, unfettered swimming.  In the end, she zoomed off into the waves.

The water temp outside the rockpiles was definitely warmer, though not exactly "warm."  I was hit by the shivers later.

It was kind of one of those swims where you look down from the crest of the wave as the water heads to the beach.

Sunday Swimming:  Klode beach will basically be closed all day due to the 4th of July fireworks, and Atwater will close up shop in early afternoon, so I'm putting our Sunday swims at the infinitesimally small Big Bay.  Each of you will be allocated a 3" square piece of beach for your gear.  Use it wisely.

2 comments:

Wytosk said...

Good call on getting past the sandbar! Last night Itch did, I did not. I got tossed but it was ‘wild, unfettered’ swimming in what I dare say are warming waters!!

Mr. Bubble said...

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again, no, no