Sunday, July 30, 2023

Full Moon Swim Alert




Last swim:7-30-23

Next swim: you can usually find someone at 6&6, M-F.  Also, special moonlight swim at 8:00 pm this Monday, 7-31-23.
Air Temp: mid 70's
Water temp: 71!! With pockets of 72!!
Clarity: Nope
Waves: full moon force propulsion felt. About 1 footers. 
Krew: Many.  Sorry folks, the scribe counter is on strike.

The slight waves were great, and the temperature was perfect. One could feel the approaching full moons gravity pull in the waves. They were interesting as they somehow seemed to speed one up in both directions. Or maybe It was just an illusion? The waves combined with the perfect water temp made one wonder if one was swimming or at a water park. And it sure beats the 100 degree water they have in Florida now. I hear the swimmers there come out feeling like cooked lobster. 

Come join us for a full moon light swim tomorrow evening at 8. Conditions look great. Though it's a day early, the light will be about the same and the moon rises a half hour earlier. Giving us more swim time before the po po kick us out. 

11 comments:

Wytosk said...

Full Moon Swim was a delight! Moondaug, Mr Anon, Peaches, Wetaco, some other dudes with the same idea, some kids smokin it up, some love birds, some rock skippers, all there to enjoy the pretty pink moonrise. Water temp was warm. At least 70 something. And super calm. The cop was right on time to tell us good night :D

Conner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moondaug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moondaug said...

Good luck to all the triathletes in town for the championship races at Discovery World tomorrow and Sunday.

Other Dave said...

Congratulations to all of the Kru that took on Lake Superior today in the Point to LaPointe swim. Outstanding effort! In the meantime, a few of us enjoyed 71 degree water with a bit of lively bounce (bobber approved) at Klode. A good swim was had by all.

Lieutenant MJ said...

Pointe to LaPointe was a huge success! Lake Superior however was a balmy 72! Not sure about others -but I thought I was going to boil -lol.

Randy said...

Pointe to LaPointe was awesome... so much easier of a swim than the one the Saturday before at Klode! I didn't overheat at LaPointe, but looking at my times and heart rate I don't think I pushed as hard as I could/should have. I think Point to LaPointe was the most fun I've had at a race. It was so well organized and planned. The Devil's Lake Big Swell swims were pretty cool, as well.

Moondaug said...

The Point to lapoint swim sounds like a great time. I think I will have to put that on my list. Can hardly wait to hear more about it. The only thing that I could maybe think of to make it better would be if the swimmers were served up a fresh cup of coffee just before stepping onto shore.

Other Dave said...

Cindy - I found your Cliff Swim cap from 2021 at Klode today. Your bib #28 was written on the cap, so I traced it to you from the online results. Let me know the best way to get it back to you. I’m usually with the noon group on Sat & Sun

Hurricane said...

Great detective work Dave. I couldn’t find it when I left, I thought it must be in my bag. When do you plan to swim next? I can meet you there. Thanks for holding on to it.

Other Dave said...

Capt’n Ted suggested tracing the bib # from the ‘21 race … number 28 was identified in a jiffy. The Kru has several detectives of the lake on staff, we all look out for each other. Heck, I still owe Itch for finding my cell phone that I left behind in June!