Wednesday, October 6, 2021

A Very Brief Blog

 Next swims: Monday-Friday, 6:30 am and 5 pm  (Big Bay)

ATTENTION:  WE ARE NOW MEETING AT 6:30 A.M. TO ACCOMMODATE THE LATER SUNRISE!

Saturday/Sunday, 7 am, 8 am (Big Bay) and Noon (Klode?) perhaps people will share in the comments

Last Swim: Wednesday, 6:30 AM - Big Bay
Water Temp:  64
Waves:  Big Chop coming in diagonally from the South-Southeast
Clarity: Tan opaqueness
Air Conditions:  Clear sky, nice sunrise, high 60s, humid
Kru:  Showgirl,  Lydia the Tattooed Lady, Mermaid Princess, Dragonfly - 1 wetsuit, others used combinations of sleeves & booties

There was a lot of yelled chitchat on the beach, but I couldn't really hear it between the crashing waves and my ear plugs.

I think my standards have just gotten lower - last week I would have said, "It's too rough to swim."

But as the colder seasons approach, "It's like Bar Time," said Mermaid Princess.  "Your options become more limited."

Yeah, I guess I'll have one more.  We thrashed our way up to the Little House (first I've actually seen it) and MP went to the Kayak rack.  A lot of up and down, easier or at last faster on the way back.  

Coming in to shore was like coming in for a landing, but the waves were just this side of manageable.

I wanted to post this picture from Sunday (Marathon Day) when the water was calm and clear as glass.  This is looking south from midway along the jetty - I hadn't noticed the grafitti before:





5 comments:

Dolphina said...

Anybody have a water temp today? Sunny and warm air always puts me on my guard!

Unknown said...

I swam at 830 this morning. Temp was about 63-64.

eric jernberg said...

66 Friday night. brick and bubble

Mr. Bubble said...

65, clear and calm Saturday morning at 7

Dolphina said...

65ish with floating walls of mid-seventies water. Two foot-plus very soft, low key waves. Clear!! Saturday evening.