Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Thermal Inversions Rock!

Next Swims:  
     Mon-Fri @ 6 am and 5 pm, 
     Saturday/Sunday @ 8 am and Noon  
Last Swim: Wednesday @ 6 am
Water Temp: 69.8 
Air Temp:  66.5
Clarity:  brown but without any flotsam
Waves: flat
Kru:  Diablo (early shift), Patriarch, Mr. Bubble, Mr. Anonymous, Sarah, Handyman Hank, North Shore Nancy, Magic Mike, Ala, Kahuna, Mad Titan, Pool Noodle, Showgirl, Terri, Cindy, Amy, Marcy.

Quite the turnout again - and well worth it.  This was my first thermal inversion swim.  Also the first time I put the mitch-o-meter in the water and watched the numbers increase!  NSN's foot-o-meter estimate was 69 and she was right on. 

NSN asked me a couple of weeks ago if it was my goal to have all of Team Phoenix come swimming at Klode.  That is my dream.  My more immediate goal is to see how many I can convince to come try it.  Today's Team Phoenix "alumni" were Terri and Marcy - Terri's getting to be a regular, I think this is her fourth or fifth time.  It was Marcy's second time and first time in her new wetsuit.  Amy was a Team Phoenix coach a few years ago.  

Marcy captured this lovely photo - I think that's Handyman Hank in the foreground.

I took this one - it looks almost exactly like another one I took last week.  

ps - My full wetsuit and other neoprene gear are missing.  I think I must have left them at the beach last week or the week before.  I figure they're probably lost and gone forever, but thought I'd take a shot and ask if anyone has seen a Sendiks bag loaded up with my full wetsuit, gloves, socks and head covering.  






6 comments:

Showgirl said...

Isn't today Wednesday, and didn't we swim at 6am?? (or 6:15 for me)

Mr. Bubble said...

Oops! Well at least I got the conditions right😀

Kahuna said...

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. And what kind of day was it? "A day like any other day, filled with the events that shape the course of human history, and you are there."

Kahuna said...

Tomorrow is a special day. It is the anniversary of Gertrude Ederle's record breaking swim of the English Channel on August 6, 1923. Girl power!

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/01/sports/gertrude-ederle-the-first-woman-to-swim-across-the-english-channel-dies-at-98.html

Andy said...

https://www.epicswim2020.com/. Looking forward to hear which of you knuckleheads signs up for this.

Showgirl said...

Excuse me, but did they call Wisconsin "West Michigan" in the description of the Epic Swim???