Monday, March 8, 2021

Wim Hof on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel

Here's a clip from the episode featuring Wim Hoff that  was aired on HBO last week.  It's only a 2 minute clip - the whole episode had a lot more detail, including showing people who attend his seminars.  His son has monetized his philosophy of better immunity by acclimating to the cold (he actually thinks his immunity is perfect).  It's a multi-million dollar business.  

Wish this clip included the scenes of him leading his followers in the familiar movements we've seen the Klode Wim Hoffers - where they're swaying from side to side and throwing punches towards the ground.  

In searching for this clip, I see there are tons of other videos about him on YouTube.  I'll be checking these out, too.  



10 comments:

Luna Laguna said...

What’s the lake temp these days?

jamie said...

What are you hoping for?

Luna Laguna said...

Well, I’d love to see it in the 40s, but I’ll take 37 :)

jamie said...

Huzzah!! 37.6° Tuesday. Perfectly clear with little plumes of sand matching the waves.....like so many tiny explosions. Real treat.

Magic Mike said...

Starting to dream...

Mr. Bubble said...

Looking good for Saturday at Noon - 47 and mostly sunny

Wytosk said...

I’m hoping for Drangonfly’s former golden rule of 110 combined temp. But Blind Faith and the white lies of friends can be convincing too.

Martin said...

Hi I was hoping to be able to swim with your group sometime. What is the best way to find out when you will be swimming? I’m probably looking for water a little warmer than what is mentioned in this string. I’m a bit of a cold water whimp with a wetsuit.

Kahuna said...

Martin -- Come swim with us! To answer your question, the schedule may not be very regular right now, but eventually, we'll be back to a regular schedule (daily swims, often a morning swim and a later swim). The usual practice is the blogger at the beginning of the blog indicates conditions for the most recent swim, and indicates when the next scheduled swim will occur. Or, check the comments, as sometimes a swim is "scheduled" by a person leaving a comment. Let me know if you have any other questions. Looking forward to meeting you on da beach!

Martin said...

Thank you! I'll definitely be there. I'll keep an eye out for the next swim. It will be my first "cold" water swim. If there is anything I should know could someone send me some pointers at martin_staples@yahoo.com? I look forward to meeting everyone.