Tuesday, November 3, 2020

It's a blessing

Next Swims: Mon - Fri 3:30pm 
Saturday/Sunday Noon?

Last Swim: Tuesday 3:30 pm
Water Temp: 46
Air Temp: low 60's
Clarity: crystal at the beach, little murky further out
Waves: basically flat but with a strong northbound current
Kru: Itch, Mr. Bubble

I've been looking forward to swimming today since I learned the weather was forecast to be warm and sunny, and that I'd have the day off.  

I didn't see any familiar vehicles in the parking lot, so I head down to the beach.  Don't recognize any vehicles down there either.  I keep telling myself that I shouldn't go swimming myself, despite how beautiful the skyline and the water looks.  

I keep telling myself I shouldn't go in alone, but I'll just take the temperature.  Doing my thing with the thermometer and notice a familiar beard arriving.  I had almost talked myself out of swimming before Itch arrived...then I had no choice...King Neptune you know, he didn't even have to say anything.  

I know the weather is supposed to be really nice for the next few days.  I'll be out of town during those nice days...hope some of you get to enjoy one of the upcoming nice days as much as I enjoyed swimming today. 

Itch came in about 10-15 minutes after I did.  Sun was setting and there was a quazi-sunny horizon.

King Neptune coming out of the water
View while walking back up...quazi-sunny

Today's Killepitsch Toast - (softly spoken) "A Good Swim"..."It's a blessing" 

2 comments:

jamie said...

Wednesday night, 46° water and 62° beach!!! Glorious swims in November are rather fleeting, and predicted to last through the weekend!
Kru: Brick, Mr A, Lunatic, with shore support of Synchro and Viv.
To swim comfortably in November kicks ass!! But normal November conditions will kick ones ass! Pick your poison.....CU on the beach!

Luna Laguna said...

It was such a pleasure to feel warm air after getting out of the water!