Saturday, September 18, 2010

Getting Acclimated

Next Swims: Sunday 9/19 11AM

Last Swim: Saturday 9/18 1PM
Water Temp: 52.7
Waves: Occasional One Foot Roller
Water Clarity: cloudy
Crew: Diablo, Capt'n

I remember the first time I swam in 52 degree water. I lasted only a couple of minutes and swore at the time if was the stupidest thing I'd ever attempted as I crawled out of the water with frozen hands, feet and slight case of brain freeze.

Now I don't even contemplate putting on socks when the water temp is 52. The initial shock of the cold water against the hands and face seem now to last for just a few strokes.

Today Diablo and I logged a Cedar Grove and back swim. A mysterious chop to the water could be felt inside the outer most sandbar. To the eye the water appeared to be calm but while swimming you would frequently feel the slap of waves challenging your swim stroke.

Tomorrow is swim day number 120. According to our blog posts from last year we logged 132 swim days. At our current pace we will log swim day number 132 on October 1st...a whole 2 months ahead of last year.

No comments: